Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Die for Me by Amy Plum

This is an amazing book about a 17 year old girl (Kate) who goes to Paris and ends up finding love with Vincent....but, wait! Vincent isn't exactly all he appears to be!

My Thoughts:
  1. First, it's set in Paris! I love Paris! Who doesn't love Paris? Yay Paris!
  2. Vincent!!! First, he's French (read: super hot!). Second, he's tall, dark and handsome in a dashing, dangerous and charming kind of way. Third, he's really sweet, too and the relationship he has with Kate is almost delicate in its tendernes and I just love it!
  3. Originality! In this book, a paranormal romance, the guy is NOT a vampire! Amy Plum has taken a genre that has certainly had a lot of additions of late, and completely revitalized it! Not that I was ever  losing interest in the paranormal teen romance genre, but the stunningly fresh vibe of Amy Plum's debut novel really made it memorable for me!
  4. The romance was addicting! This is one of those read-it-in-one-go, breathless-the-whole-time, swept away kind of novels!
  5. This book is the first in a trilogy, yet it actually had a conclusion!!! I absolutely loathe books that leave off practically in mid-scene, and this book had the most adorable, wonderful, best-ever ending ever!
Who Should Read It:
  • Girls who want a little old-fashioned charm in their literary love life. (Vincent = Amazing!)
  • People who love an interesting turn of mythology! Honestly, I was completely surprised, and this is from someone who read a fair amount of paranormal/mythological/fantasy novels. I have never come across anything like this before!
  • Just in general, girls looking for a romance novel. This is for you!
All in all, this is a really great book: romantic, engaging, fascinating, perfect. The next book is called Until I Die and is scheduled for May of 2012. For me info and general awesomeness, check out Amy Plum's website, here.

Be sure to stay tuned for my next review, which will be on Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment