Saturday, October 8, 2011

As You Wish by Jackson Pearce

This is a wonderful book! It's fairly short (298 pages, I read it in 3 hours or so), but is it ever awesome! It's about a teenage girl, Viola, who is about to be granted three wishes by Jinn, who is A jinn. BUT they fall in love!

My Thoughts
  1. First, the narration switches perspectives between Viola and Jinn! I absolutely love love love that!
  2. Jinn! Oh, he is awesome! He's witty and sarcastic but super sweet and romantic, too! Some of his lines are just so swoon-inducing! He practically restores my faith in guykind! (Yes, I know the author is a woman. He still gives me warm bubbly vibes towards the rest of (fictional) guys, in terms of romance). He's like an archetypal character! Jinn: the Perfect Man!
  3. Just enough angst to not be too angsty but still make me tear up!
  4. Happy ending!
Who Should Read It:
  • Anybody who loves a good romance!
Love this book! For more info, check out Jackson Pearce's website here! Stay tuned for my next book review, most likely of Jean Kalogridis' The Borgia Bride or Stephanie Perkins's Lola and the Boy Next Door.




EDIT: Just finished a quick rereading of this book. I still love it, and I totally teared up again and I just cannot get over how much this book pulls at my very soul. I think it might be because, like Viola, I have always had an unrequited desire to belong...or guys like Jinn set my heart aflame. Whatever the case, great book, I highly suggest you get this book and read it along with everything else Jackson Pearce has ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment