Thursday, February 2, 2012

The King's Daughter by Christie Dickason

This book is about Elizabeth, daughter of King James I of England and her slave (and later friend) Tallie. The book follows Elizabeth being implicated in a treasonous plot through various suitors to her eventual marriage.

My Thoughts:

  1. Just a warning, this book is ... I don't want to say explicit ... but I recommend it for like 13 and up. 
  2. Elizabeth is a very relatable character and so is Tallie - if you can't identify with something in the one, you'll probably find something in the other. 
  3. There were some genuinely tragic moments - tears welled in my eyes (though I wasn't overcome enough to actually shed any).
  4. The relationship between Elizabeth and Frederick is endearing and enticing at the same time.
Who Should Read It:
  • Fans of Christie Dickason
  • Fans of historical fiction/romance
Final Score: 6.5/10

This wasn't a bad book, I just don't think it was for me. 

I am currently reading the second book in Carrie Jones' Need series and OH MY GOD it is absolutely amazing! I'm going to wait 'til I finish the series to do a review, but I highly recommend you check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment