Saturday, February 25, 2012

Need, Captivate and Entice by Carrie Jones

This is a series, and I decided to wait until I finished all the ones that are out now (the fourth comes out in May of this year) to review this book. I don't think this was such a good idea anymore, so this is going to be a fairly truncated review.

This book was really great in terms of its mythology: pixies, elves, weres, Norse gods etc. As someone who absolutely loves folklore and such, I really appreciated all the details that Carrie Jones included. This book was also a quest/adventure type plot and who doesn't like that? Plus, the romance aspect was really great. You're supposed to be rooting for her and Nick, but I found Astley (cool name, no?) to be much more compelling and much more my type. If you've read the book, you know that probably says something!

Final Score: 8.5/10

I enjoyed these books and I will pick up the next one, but I wasn't absolutely floored by them like I was by Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly or Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. So, read them if you like adventure/romance/folklore, but I wouldn't say these are going to be classics.

Next on my reading list is Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment