Monday, January 6, 2014

Marmoreal Monday: My Favorite Products

What do you know, it's Monday! That means another post of random ramblings from yours truly!

I don't know what to talk about, and I've rewritten this sentence a dozen times.

I have a kind of peculiar beauty regimen, as I refuse to put any kind of chemicals on my body, i.e. no shampoo, toothpaste, etc. I also really love alternative, natural approaches to health. So, I'm going to share with you my can't live without products/supplements etc.

Disclaimer: I'm some random person on the internet. Don't take my life advice. This is the stuff I do, and that does not mean you should do it. If something here piques your interest, research it on your own or talk to a professional before you do anything. Once again, I have no qualifications to be giving out advice to anybody about anything. I also have no affiliation with any of the following companies/brand names.

Beauty/Personal Care Products without which I Cannot Function:

  1. Organic, All-Natural Honey. Preferably clover honey. It tastes really good, and it's also got all sorts of anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties, so I use it on any cuts I may have. It also draws out infection, which is great as well. Additionally, honey is incredibly moisturizing as well as cleansing. I put it on my face when I first go into the bathroom to shower, so it sets while I'm gathering my things, turning on the water, etc., and use it to wash as well as moisturize my face. I do the same for my hair; honey basically replaces shampoo for me. 
  2. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. I use this for everything. It replaces lotion, conditioner. etc. etc. for me. I put it on my hair for moisture as well as to protect my hair in the event I want to lighten a lock or two (I have dirty blonde hair, so I can use lemon or other natural substances to lighten a few shades). I use it on my entire body instead of a chemical-laden lotion, and I shave my legs with it (though I don't do it right, apparently, as it hurts quite a lot). I also use it for the practice of oil pulling, which involves swirling a teaspoon to a tablespoon of oil around in my mouth for twenty minutes. This detoxifies the body, and I've noticed my teeth are whiter. My favorite brand is Tropical Traditions, as I find that they are simply the best I've ever used.
  3. Turmeric. I use this to brush my teeth with after oil pulling, as it also whitens the teeth and is good for the gums. I also mix it with milk and put it on my skin, as it lightens skin a bit to get rid of dark spots, and generally brightens my complexion. 
  4. Sea Buckthorn Oil. This stuff is the best. It's bright orange and I get it imported from Siberia. It fixes all my skin problems, from acne to redness to stretch marks. It is a miracle in a bottle for me. 
  5. Boar Bristle Brush. It distributes the natural oils from my scalp to my ends and is the best brush I've ever had. 
  6. Horn comb. (Yes, animal horn. Usually ox, sheep or yak.) It's made of keratin, which is the same substance from which hair is made. The first time I used one of these I did not lose a single hair on my head. 
Supplements without which I cannot Function:
  1. Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Purified Fish Oil. Yes, there are cheaper brands out there, but I use this brand because it's just so pure, and you don't get any nasty environmental toxins like mercury with it. Plus, it has EPA and DHA, which is what I want, instead of the cheaper ALA type Omega-3 I don't really want. I get the 180 count and take two a day (the recommend amount).
  2. Nature's Way Alive! Max Potency MultiVitamin. This stuff is great because it has so many herbs in it, as well as food-based sources of all the good vitamins that I want. It's phenomenal, really, and it's so natural and chemical-free and I love it! I buy the 180 count, and usually only take one or two a day (less than the recommended amount), as I feel I get a lot of nutrients from my food. 
There you have it! I'm still reading Origin, by the way, so look forward to a review of that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment