Monday, December 30, 2013

Bite-Size Book Rec #1

I've also decided to start doing a thing called "Bite-Size Book Recs." It's where I don't want to write a full review (either because I don't have time or I'll gush too much), but I really want to share something, and I want you to know about it ASAP because you should all be running out to get your hands on it immediately.

Bite-Size Book Rec:

Who: Everyone!

What: Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

When: Right now! Go! Read! Or comment if you have read it and want to gush!

Where: Wherever you read books! I'm on my couch! With some tea! (I also recommend drinking tea.)

Why: The MC (Lenzi) is so relatable and so well-developed, and Alden, for whom she has feelings, is such a great character. I feel like their romance (well, the beginnings of it, this is the first in a series) is so real and so wonderful and just makes you feel so much and fall so hard...gah, I just love it. Also, the concept of Speaker and Protectors and Hindered is so unique compared to what else it out there is YA fiction. I said this on Goodreads, I've said to all my book-loving friends, and I'll say it again here: this is profound.

No comments:

Post a Comment