Thursday, May 29, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments Book Six; The Shadowhunter Chronicles)

I'm not going to phrase this like I normally do because, really, who needs an introduction to this series? I would suggest that The Shadowhunter Chronicles is basically the greatest thing in literature today. It needs no introduction.

I'll just say that I loved this book. IT WAS PERFECT. Cassandra Clare has done it again, this was an absolutely perfect end to The Mortal Instruments saga of The Shadowhunter Chronicles. Everything I love about CC's work was here, it was fast-paced and exciting and romantic and epic and deep and lush. The worldbuilding, the loves (especially Jace and Clary), the style, it was all as perfect as you would come to expect. Everything, and I mean everything, down to the very epigraphs, was beautiful and epic and glorious and I cannot tell you what this book means to me. I will be rereading this many times as we wait for The Dark Artifices.

No comments:

Post a Comment